Within the Technical Division, and reporting to the head of Akiem’s Engineering Unit, the Railway Safety and Interoperability Officer will be responsible for overseeing the safety demonstration process for each modification to the locomotive fleet.
He/she will ensure compliance with safety and interoperability requirements in the conduct of upgrade projects of all kinds, and across Akiem’s ECM (Entity in Charge of Maintenance) activity.
In performing his/her assignment, he/she will work closely with the project managers responsible for managing upgrades and with lifecycle engineers responsible for keeping the fleet operational.
- Implement Common Safety Methods defined by the European Union
- Supervise the compilation of safety records
- Oversee the assignment of independent assessment bodies
- Submit locomotive approval applications to National Safety Authorities and to the ERA (European Railway Agency)
- Monitor developments in European technical and safety regulations relating to Akiem’s activity in the different European countries
- As part of his/her design and development assignment associated with Akiem’s ECM Feedback (ECM 2), he/she will provide expertise in the processing of derogations (risk analysis) and critical events from the standpoint of railway operating safety and staff safety.
- An engineer with significant initial experience of railway safety and interoperability in Europe
- Familiarity with the principles of railway safety and interoperability e.g. National and European regulations and standards (ITS, CSM, EN 50126, etc) and with the principles of railway technology
- Project management experience
- Business German, French and English, knowledge of the following languages is an advantage: Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Czech, Slovak
- Ability to work in a team and to manage across functions